Monday, December 17, 2012

The business of Dancing in the Kitchen...

          When I was younger I was enrolled in dance classes by my mother. Like most little girls I was extremely excited. I took ballet, tap, and jazz twice a week and each class was an hour and a half. I continued to do this for a few years, although I dropped ballet after a year because I really just didn't appreciate it at the time. I wanted fast pace, bubbly, and fun music. I continued in classes and became very active in performing at assemblies in school with my friends. For every music assembly there was, we practiced and formed dance routines for all of them and this is how we spent our lunches and weekends. After Junior High hit I joined the "Dance Team" in 7th grade. Then my family moved and I transferred to a different Junior High. This is when I stopped dancing.
          Until recently, I started taking Modern Dancing classes on Tuesday at this place in Portland, Or called Vega Dance Lab. When I moved to Portland last year I began taking Zumba classes. I found myself wanting to be dancing all the time. I also found myself being too busy with my schedule in Culinary School to have the time to take a dance class. Then my school schedule finally winded down and I found myself with more spare time to take this class. I have so far gone to one class, last Tuesday, but I was really late due to not being able to find my car keys, so I watched the class instead, and it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.
           Learning to dance again, as well as baking my life away, is what most of this blog will be about. Not only will you lovely people get to hear about my dance class or anything that involves me dancing. You will also get to enjoy hearing about great food I make/eat as well as video blogs and how to's that will all involve me dancing and baking. Thats what you can except from Dancing in the Kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I like enjoyed reading this because I love to dance and bake too! I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete