Monday, January 14, 2013

Aerial Dancing

This last weekend, I went to Living Room Theaters, located in downtown Portland to see the new Cirque de Soleil:Worlds Away movie. I have been to a few Cirque de Soliel shows in my life and if you have never gone to one, I highly recommend you do. The tickets can be quite expensive, but I always find them to be worth it. However, you can always just go see this movie too and honestly, it kind of compares to the real thing. The movie itself is formed of different acts from the shows they have all over Vegas as well as ones they have taken on tour. My favorite scenes have always been the Aerial Dancing scenes. If you don't know what Aerial Dancing is, don't worry because the video will show it. There are many different kind's and unlike the video they commonly use silk sheets. One of my favorite things about Aerial Dancing is you can learn it! My family likes to take the trapeze classes at this place in Seattle called, Emerald City Trapeze Arts. They also offer Aerial Dancing and Acrobalance classes. The best part is they train all skill levels. So it's never too late to learn!

A few places you can take up classes like these in Portland:

http://www.divadenstudio.com/ (for women)
http://nightflightaerial.com/
http://www.awoldance.org/classes/

There are plenty more on google. Also, some aerial dancers have a private studio where they give lessons. These classes usually take beginners and some are drop in and some are actual 9 week programs and such. I plan on doing a few classes in Seattle when I go to visit next month. I have done Trapeze a few times which is also a blast, but I just love how beautiful aerial dancing looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment