Monday, January 14, 2013

Strawberry Tartlets


Today, after class, I took a break from trying to catch up on all the postings I should have done way earlier so I wouldn't be blowing up all my class mates readers. I think they all are probably sleeping like normal people who don't procrastinate can! To my point though, I made some delicious strawberry
tartlets! They are very simple tarts to make. Just tart dough baked off, filled with pastry cream, topped with strawberries, and glazed with apricot jam! 

Here are the recipes I used for the Pastry Cream and Tart Dough:

Pastry Cream- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pastry-cream-2/

Tart Dough- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-tart-pastry/

Helpful Hints:
After making the tart dough let it rest in the fridge to reduce shrink cage. Don't work with it if it's too hard, leave dough in room temp it will become easier to work with. After shaping tart shell let it rest again in fridge. Make pastry cream and cool before baking off tart shells. Fill warm shells with cold pastry cream or cold/room temp shells with warm pastry cream. This creates a better adhesive effect. When glazing with apricot jam warm on a double broiler in order to achieve a more smooth look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment