Monday, January 14, 2013

Dancing In Movies

When I think of dancing in movies I think of scenes from movies like Chicago and Moulin Rouge. Other people think of movies like Step Up, You Got Served, and Bring it On. It's so disappointing. I will give in and say the first Step Up movie was decent, but what after feels like the sixth one I think every one is a little over it. Which isn't to say Channing Tatum can't dance; most girls have seen Magic Mike and know that statement would be no where near true, he definitely can. While street dancing is quite popular now especially with shows like America's Best Dance Crew, I wish dance routines in movies would live up to some of the same dance scenes and skill levels in movies like Moulin Rouge and Chicago. I know these are musicals and a little different, but why should musicals be held to higher standards when these people in these dance movies are supposed to be so good and passionate about what they do? This is really why you should really go out there and see these ballet shows, musicals, circus shows, and etc. Instead of letting these new "dance" movies decide what is the new thing in dancing.

My top 5 favorite dance movies and scenes and them are as follows:

1. Moulin Rouge - El Tango de Roxanne

2. Chicago - Cell Block Tango

3. Dirty Dancing- Time of My Life

4. Rocky Horror- Time Warp

5. Singing in the Rain- Moses Supposes


No comments:

Post a Comment